BIG SAVE MANAGEMENT PROPRIETARY LIMITED
RETURN POLICY DELIVERY POLICY
- This policy is to be read in conjunction with the Master Terms and Conditions and the capitalized terms in this policy are defined in the Master Terms and Conditions.
- Big Save Management Proprietary Limited and any of its affiliates and/or subsidiaries (Big Save) use trusted courier services to deliver Products within the designated Areas, either door-to-door oror call-and-collect, depending on the best suited and selected option for you, the buyer.
- During the checkout process, we will determine your delivery options based on your delivery address and postal code. Irrespective of whether you select door-to-door or call-and-collect, we will try our best to deliver within 24 hours if your order is placed before midday, but our standard delivery is 2 – 5 days depending on where you live.
- Big Save delivery time slots are as follow: Monday-Friday 09h00 till 17h00, and Saturday 09h00 till 14h00 no deliveries will be made on Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Big Save also offers South African shoppers the most attractive returns policy giving customers 7 days to return their Products to Big Save.
- STANDARD SHIPPING
- As the buyer, you indicate which Area you require delivery, as well as contact numbers to be used in connection with delivery.
- In the case of door-to-door delivery, your parcel will be delivered to the address you specified in the checkout process.
- Big Save will call and confirm date and time with the Customer before delivery.
- In the case of door-to-door delivery, if nobody is present at the address at the time of delivery, our courier will on the second attempt of delivery call (in the letterbox if a residential address) to indicate that there was an attempted delivery.
- The courier will try once more (third attempt), and if at that time there is still no one to sign for the parcel, the parcel will be returned to our warehouse and a return will be processed for the goods. You will be contacted in order to confirm the refund method you would prefer.
- Should a delivery fee have been charged on the order, this will not be reimbursed, given that the courier has attempted delivery on numerous occasions.
- Where the buyer inserts the wrong or invalid address or postal code, such buyer will be liable to pay the courier fees.
- As outlined above, all Big Save standard deliveries take place during business hours i.e. there are no deliveries over weekends or on public holidays. Please take this into consideration when selecting your delivery address.
- LATE DELIVERY
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) entitles you to cancel your purchase within 7 days’ notice if the Products you have purchased are not delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified in the Big Save Delivery and Returns Policy terms and conditions.
- The product(s) in question must be returned to Big Save in their original state, original packaging, not worn and include all labels. Any such cancellation must be done via email :
firstname.lastname@example.org. Big Save will then refund you, if so requested.
- PRODUCT SHORTAGES
- Every effort will be made to ensure that Big Save can fulfill your entire order once acceptance takes effect. However, if when packing your order, Big Save is unable to fulfill certain Product(s) in your order:
- Should you wish to be refunded for the Products that could not be sent to you, please reply to the email received, in order to inform our client service team that you wish to have your store credit converted into a refund.
- Your requested refund will be sent to your credit card should you have paid by credit card and into your bank account should you have paid by EFT when you placed your order. Kindly include your banking details in the email, should you be requesting an EFT refund.
- If Big Save does not notify you thereof via email beforehand, and you only become aware of the fact that the product(s) is/are missing once you receive your parcel, please contact Big Save on the details above, as soon as possible to notify Big Save thereof so that we can resolve the situation as quickly as possible. If contacting Big Save via email regarding missing the product(s), please use your order number and the phrase “missing product(s)” in your subject line of your email.
- RETURNING NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCT(S)
- Save for certain Products that are excluded from this policy, you are entitled to return any purchase concluded with Big Save and delivered within South Africa free of charge within 7 days of the product(s) being delivered, in their original state, original packaging, not worn and include all labels.
- RETURNING INCORRECT PRODUCT(S)
- Big Save will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the product information, availability, purchase price and associated delivery times and fees are accurately reflected on the site.
- However, should Big Save deliver the incorrect product(s) to you by mistake, please do not remove the product from its original packaging, do not remove the labels or use the product. Please contact the Big Save on the contact email below (subject line: your order number – Incorrect Item) as soon as possible.
- If the Customer returns any products, they should sign the return book that the driver will present to the Customer and the Customer send email to the email address in clause 3.2 above.
- Big Save will resolve the error by arranging to collect the incorrect product(s) from you (in their original state, original packaging, not worn and include all labels) and to deliver the correct product(s) to you as quickly as possible. Please do not try and remedy the situation by placing another order for the exact same product you were trying to purchase.
- RETURNING DEFECTIVE PRODUCT(S)
- General warranty: Not applicable to Products which are not in their original state, not in its original packaging, worn and/or exclude any labels.
- If within 7 days of delivery of a product, you find that the product is faulty, not commercially acceptable (or otherwise expressly indicated by Big Save at time of purchase), or not legally or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and Product type) (“defective”), please contact Big Save on the email above, (subject line: your order number – defective item) to notify Big Save thereof. Big Save will request pictures of the defective product and will arrange to collect such product from you so that it can be inspected by Big Save.
- A product is NOT defective, you will NOT be entitled to any, replacement or refund under the general warranty above if:
- the Products are not in their original state, original packaging, worn and/or missing any labels;
- damage arising from incorrect usage of the product; or
- the item has a reasonable amount of manufacturing or production imperfections, but is acceptable in accordance with the generally accepted commercial practices.
- SUPPLIER’S WARRANTY:
Certain Products may come with a supplier’s guarantee. If so, this will be stated in the product. Clear details of these guarantees are given in their listings and no shopper may ask to be covered by a wider-ranging guarantee other than the one shown on such product. Big Save will not be liable for any damage or loss of any nature with respect to third party products or failure of any such product or supplier to perform under its warranty.
Unless defective, the following product types may not under any circumstances be returned to Big Save; Products that you or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to where such alteration, repair, incorporation or addition has not been authorised by Big Save.
- OWNERSHIP & RISK
- Notwithstanding that all risk in and to all goods sold by Big Save shall pass on delivery and irrespective of whether Big Save may not be the distributor of the goods, ownership of all goods sold and delivered shall remain vested in Big Save until the purchase price has been paid in full.
- The Customer shall have no claim against Big Save for damages caused due to loss of profits or otherwise occasioned by the removal of goods from the Customer’s premises as aforesaid.
- Goods in possession of the Customer bearing Big Save’s name, trademarks and labels, shall be deemed to be those for which payment has not yet been made, and should any breach of these terms occur, may be repossessed by Big Save.
- The Customer shall fully insure the goods purchased from Big Save against loss or damage, until the purchase price has been paid in full by the Customer. Pending payment to Big Save for goods purchased, all benefits in terms of the insurance relating to such goods are ceded to Big Save.
- Big Save shall be entitled to identify its goods merely by way of packaging and for other distinguishing features. Big Save shall not be obliged to identify the goods by way of serial numbers or any other form of intricate identification.
- In the event of Customer processing the goods before payment is made in full, Big Save shall be considered a manufacturer and shall directly acquire sole title to the newly produced product. If the processing involves other materials, Big Save shall acquire joint title to the newly produced product in the proportion to the value of the goods, as invoiced.
- Before payment is made in full and upon request by Big Save, Customer shall provide all necessary information regarding the inventory of the goods. Furthermore, upon request by Big Save, the Customer shall identify on the packaging Big Save’s title of ownership of the goods and shall notify its customers of assignment of its claims to Big Save.
11 DAMAGE IN TRANSIT
In the event of claims arising out of damage in transit the Customer undertakes to inspect goods upon delivery for any damage or defect which may have occurred in transit and to follow the process in this Policy.